Arabian Jewel Master Class in Documentary Film-making
Aspiring film-makers take note! Arabian Jewel is organising a documentary film-making class for community members with a keen sense of film-making.
The first-ever, highly interactive documentary genre master class in Jeddah, KSA is to be led by world renowned film directors producing award winning films and a combined 70 years of film making and directing experience.
The directors have worked with BBC, Nat Geo and Channel 4 and Discovery channels; they have held multiple photo exhibitions and workshops across the world, travelled over 60 countries, acted in foreign films and worked with notable individuals globally.
“The directors are well-known experts in this field”, says Arabian Jewel, “and we genuinely feel we will be able to empower talented individuals in our communities”.
The organisers are also involved in providing footage for a documentary film in New Zealand; the New Zealand producer will take excellent work from the master class student to include in her documentary which will be aired on prime time in New Zealand channels.
Amateur film-makers, students, professionals, photographers, directors and anyone with a zeal for documentary film-making.
26-28 Jan, 2015 (subject to slight changes ahead)
3-4 hours a day.
To be announced shortly.
How Do I Register?
Follow this link to register.
By the end of the course, you’ll be proficient in:
– A brief history of the documentary genre
– Genre and style
– Audio-visual language: Image & Sound
– Music in documentary
– Structure & narrative
The course will include:
– Q & A session with the students
– Research and writing
– Pre-production (selecting the location, budget & production schedule, checking the equipment),
– Equipment: camera & lenses, sound, lighting, grip,
– Production (call sheet, coordination with the film crew),
– Setting up and filming an interview (eye-line & framing the subject)
– Post Production: editing, voice over & music recording
– Practical exercise
– Editing the footage
– Screening of students work and discussion
– Screening of two of our documentaries (one medium production and one mega production)
What is the Age Limit?
Children aged 10 upwards should be able to understand the content and practical work if intensely passionate about the topic. However, the content language is not specifically drawn up for children. But it is certainly ideal for 16-19 year olds.
We have special discount for mom-daughter/son and father – daughter/son duo.
Apart from the Master Class, directors will continue to act as mentors and provide feedback on student’s work via Arabian Jewel.